Thursday, January 28, 2010

Too Much

I have too much crap. I missed the hoarding gene by a mere fraction of DNA. I didn't get the emotional attachment to every piece of tinfoil that ever passed through my life. I sold my business and home 2 years ago, and I moved close to my sister, and we sort of spent the year thrifting. But when I moved, I went from a 3 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment. And a really big storage unit. But, boy do I have a bunch of little doo dads, from little tins, jars, and containers, to various things I got a wild hair about at the time. When I really like something, I tend to buy them everytime I see them. Like stove top espresso makers. I have several. You never know when you need a back up. Or 3. Those rug punch hooks that use yarn to make rugs, and they operate like an hand beater. You spin the handle in one hand, while holding it with the other. They are just cool, so I buy them. I also have several needle punch needles. Sometimes, I do that so I can show people how to do something and then just let them keep the tool. When I only paid 50 cents for something, I don't mind giving it away. But it adds up in my apartment. So I am trying to destash. My goal is to be able to live comfortably in a studio apartment. That is huge for me. And it means parting with so.Much.Crap. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment